- B.A. degree 1975 from Brigham Young University (English & History)
- M.A. degree 1981 from University of Southern Mississippi (Political Science)
- Post graduate studies in computers and various languages
- Missionary for LDS Church in Thailand (1969-1971)
- Thai Language Instructor at Brigham Young University, Hawaii (1972-1974)
- Taught English at Brigham Young University, Hawaii (1973-1975)
- Taught English at University of Southern Mississippi (1976-1978)
- English Lab Director at United States International University; San Diego, California (1978-1980)
- Extensive and various skills with U.S. government (1980-2010); retired.
- Webmaster (among top five in U.S. government); Developed and taught computer language courses in USA and Japan.
- Taught seminary courses in Argentina, Thailand and USA (in native languages)
- Earlier work:
Art department for a major company; Farming (haul hay; hoe sugar beets); Food industry (chef in French-style restaurant in
San Diego; manager trainee for Taco Time; fry cook at McDonald's; cook at Polynesian Cultural Center in Hawaii);
home construction (flooring, framing, painting, roofing, sheetrock); landscaping in California and Hawaii; librarian; movie
projectionist; owned publishing company; pipeline in Montana (Conoco Oil); research case law (fellowship at USM); salesman;
ticket agent at movie theater; tour agency in San Diego; tourist guide and bus driver in Hawaii; wrote two movie scripts.
- Various levels of fluency/studies in the following:
Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphs; German; Lanna; Lao; Mandarin Chinese; Shan; Spanish; Thai
- Also briefly studied: Cantonese; Hawaiian; Isan; Japanese
- USA: All 50 states; Guam.
- WORLD: Visited about 40 nations, primarily in Asia, Europe and Latin America;
most provinces of Thailand; extensive travel in Canada, Mexico and Central America.
- Lived many years in various countries.
- Prior work in Argentina, Chile, China, Japan, Laos, Mexico, Thailand and throughout
- See Locations Duane Visited for a detailed list.